Ferrous Processing has an opening for a full time Cost Accountant in Warren, MI. The successful candidate will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties:
- Meet regularly with operations personnel regarding inventory and potential cost savings initiatives.
- Perform the monthly close process. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Prepare monthly statements and reports, along with a narrative to provide the Group Controller with insight to the monthly financial results.
- Meet with operations monthly to go over the results of the previous month.
- Provide Controller with timely reviews of organizations financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years previous experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word Office applications and general accounting software.
- JD Edwards experience a plus.
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group managers, clients.
Commensurate with skills and experience
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum Education Level:
Bachelor's degreeApply Now