Please be advised that MPS Group, an affiliate of Soave Enterprises, has immediate openings for Operators working out of the corporate offices in Farmington Hills.
GENERAL DISCRIPTION: Loads, drives, sets-up, and operates various operational equipment and waste hauling vehicles as directed based on operational needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Loads and prepares equipment for upcoming jobs and unloads equipment upon arrival on the job;
- Sets up and operates Waterblasting equipment, vacuum trucks, and high-pressure sewer cleaning equipment;
- Sets up and operates Vacuum trucks;
- Sets up and operates high pressure sewer cleaning equipment;
- Performs confined space entry in tanks, pits, trenches, and others which may include climbing, standing and working in awkward positions;
- Inspects, uses, and maintains various personal protection equipment including chemical protective suits, respiratory protection equipment, safety harnesses, and air monitoring equipment;
- Perform and document daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles and equipment in accordance with FMCSR guidelines and company policy.
- Check all load related paperwork prior to movement of load to ensure completeness and accuracy including, manifests, bill of lading, land disposal restriction forms;
- Performs yard, shop, equipment maintenance, and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Ability to understand basic equipment operating instructions, safe work practices, commercial and industrial process;
- Must be familiar with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations;
- Must be experienced in operation of Commercial Motor Vehicles;
- Must possess a current CDL-B license with X and Air Brake endorsement with clean driving record;
- OSHA Safety Training a plus.
MPS is an equal opportunity employer.
Commensurate with experience
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum Education Level:
High School or GEDApply Now