FPT Cleveland, has an immediate opening for a Mechanic – Maintenance.
The Mechanic-Maintenance will repair and maintain company machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors and production machines under general supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Starts devices to test their performance. Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Operates the grease truck throughout the yard to lubricate and clean parts as required.
- Sets up and operated torch, hydraulic systems, press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Repairs buckets and grapples on moving machinery.
- Operate sweeper, sweeping the yard and public streets in the immediate area around entrances.
- Steam clean machinery as needed.
- Notifies foreman of any problems with the equipment and make recommendations of repairs to be performed; determine the best course of action.
- Adhere to all DOT regulations pertaining to the maintenance records, etc.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Works in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Works safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Able to pass required background check;
- Able to pass physical and drug screening;
- High school diploma or equivalent.