MPS Group has an opening for a Construction and Project Supervisor at the General Motors Technical Center, Warren, MI
The successful candidate will be responsible for overall out of scope project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with environmental regulations, recycling, and quality standards.
Typical Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide cost estimates to GM and/or GM’s designated contractor to dispose or recycle waste streams generated from out-of-scope projects.
- Track in Waste Compliance System (WCS) or provide information necessary to track waste streams generated throughout duration of the project.
- Reconcile manifests and shippers related to the project.
- Categorize waste streams with customers and evaluate cost saving alternatives, including presenting options available for recycling and reuse.
- Clearly identify drummed and non-bulk container project wastes with appropriate Q20 number to track all costs associated with project
- Requisition and evaluate subcontractor bids to support out-of-scope services for a variety of GM projects.
- Coordinate work scope between customer and selected subcontractors.
- Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Prioritize and plan work activities on assigned tasks to final resolution.
- Identify and appropriately solve issues in a timely manner and/or develop viable alternative solutions.
- Conduct monthly tracking, reconciliations, and invoicing related to all out-of-scope projects.
- Attend Pre Bid and other applicable meetings to develop plans for managing wastes before work begins
- Optimize utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Ensure that construction activities progress according to predetermined schedule by.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Monitor progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and participate in regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodically inspect construction sites and waste containers.
- Ensure project shippers and documents are complete in accordance with GM, state and federal requirements.
- Verify that all waste and recyclable materials generated by contractors are only shipped to GM approved facilities
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client. Interface continually with the customer to move projects forward to completion.
- Maintain a strong business relationship with customer, customer representatives, and MPS staff.
- Follow all plant- related safety guidelines.
- Conduct and document weekly satellite and 90 day storage room inspections across campus, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in field or related experience
- Strong knowledge of government environmental and DOT regulations.
- Must be willing to work up to 50 hours per week as needed.
- Available to be on call 24/7.
- Two to three years’ experience in environmental regulations required
- Strong financial and vendor management background.
- Ability to use and create Excel and Power Point documents.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Join our growing team today! EOE
Up to 50 hours per week. On call 24/7
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum Education Level:
Bachelor's DegreeApply Now