Parts Galore has immediate opening for an Assistant Manager at its 8 Mile location in Detroit. Responsibilities will include assisting the Store Manager with the day-to-day operations of the retail store. Be an advocate of good customer service in order to promote long term relationships with our customers.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Assist with ordering and filling out purchase orders.
- Assist store manager with directing compliance of workers with established company policies, procedures, and standards such as safekeeping of company funds and property, personnel and grievance practices.
- Listens to customer complaints and inquires, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations.
- Is able to settle customer disputes in a calm and professional manor.
- Opens and closes the store and prepares the corresponding paperwork
- Responsible for drops though out the day and making change out of the safe.Records amounts received and prepares reports of transactions.Quotes price and describes features of items for which money is received.
- Issues credit memorandums and handles exchanges to customers for returned merchandise.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Computes or recomputes bills, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due.
- As needed will operate cash register, compile printed list, and display cost of customer purchase on monitor screen.
- Verifies that all cash drawers are correct at the open and close of a shift. This includes printing and retaining both a.m. and p.m. bank summaries.
- Takes record of any change left by customers from the cashiers during their close out procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent; six months related experience or training;
- Previous customer service experience a plus;
- Strong communication skills
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum Education Level: