MPS Group Inc. has a position open at the GM Toledo Plant for an Environmental Technician. The successful candidates will be responsible for handling solid and hazardous waste throughout the facility.
Typical Duties include but not limited to:
- Collects trash, recyclables, hazardous waste, scrap metal and other waste streams throughout the plant and transports to disposal container or storage room.
- Follows all plant- related safety guidelines.
- Loads semi-trailers and roll-off boxes for shipment to landfill, recycling center, and any other disposal site.
- Completes daily route sheets.
- Documents and informs Resource Manager of any contamination in plant’s recycling containers.
- Operate fork truck to load/unload trucks, etc.
- Any indicated site-specific responsibilities
- General knowledge of waste handling, accumulation, labeling, and storage is recommended;
- Ability to understand basic equipment operating instructions and safe work practices communicated verbally and visually;
- Fork truck license is required.