Soave EnterprisesDetroit, MI
The Payroll Clerk will process payroll and maintain payroll records by performing the following duties:
- Compile payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Enter and upload payroll time cards/sheets into the payroll system.
- Process multiple weekly and biweekly payrolls using JD Edwards.
- Review payroll reports and correct any errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Prepare, issue and distribute employee paychecks.
- Process all garnishments, child support and check requests as required.
- Manage automatic pay card system and assist employees as needed with set up, lost cards, etc.
- Process all payroll taxes and filings.
- Process union reporting and billings as required.
- Serve as backup to HR Clerk when needed and assist with human resource filing.
- Coordinate department records management and storage of documents.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government regulations affecting payroll and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum one year related experience and/or training.
- Strong computer skills required, specifically Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written form.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to pass required background check and drug screening.