MPS Group, Inc. MPS Group, Inc. offers distinct, innovative and tested systems to help customers meet increasing demands for environmental sustainability, cost effective industrial cleaning and waste management programs. Based in Farmington Hills, MI with offices in Ohio and Louisiana, MPS Group, Inc. conducts business in 25 states, Canada and Mexico.
An immediate opportunity exists for an experienced Labor Relations Specialist to develop professional programs and systems that foster an effective relationship between the company and union employees.
A company voice in negotiations and grievance procedures, this position also facilitates labor-management council meetings, creates and maintains contract agreements and enforces compliance of federal, state and local laws. The Labor Relations Specialist provides advice to executives, site managers, and employees relevant to NLRB regulations and employment practices.
- Reporting to the COO; work as a partner with Human Resources and in-house General Counsel to ensure consistent application of employment contracts and employment practices and policies
- Responsible for the timely receipt, review, and documentation of union grievances including maintenance of a central database for multiple unions
- Investigate, resolve grievances and employee complaints which requires analyzing evidence and applying relevant laws, policies, collective bargaining agreements and precedent activity to reach conclusions
- Facilitate the company preparation and communications schedule for contract negotiation
- Provide direction and oversight for consistent application of attendance programs
- Facilitate training programs on topics related to employee conduct and policies
- Maintain a consistent physical presence with work locations in MI, MO, KS, TN, OH, KY and Ontario, Canada. 50 to 75% travel required
The successful applicant will have a Bachelor degree in Human Resources or Business with four years or more exempt level work experience handling grievances with responsibilities as listed above. Preference will be given to candidates with multi state work experience or Canadian labor relations. Proficiency with common HRIS programs along with Microsoft Office.
For immediate and confidential consideration send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org