FPT Ypsilanti, has an immediate opening for a Laborer.
Summary: The Laborer will perform work of a manual, routine and repetitive nature under general supervision and assist with scale.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Loads and unloads materials from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers by hand, truck, hi-lo or other equipment.
- Moves heavy objects (20 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Moves light objects (less than 20 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Bends or stoops repeatedly or continually over time (i.e., picks up trash from road side, works in confined area’s).
- Works in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Shovels material, such as dirt, mud, and ice from production equipment; requires lifting arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws loose mud/dirt overhead with a shovel).
- Sorts a variety of recycled materials and metals to separate out high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, and removes any non-conforming materials.
- Climbs ladders or steps to reach objects.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Weigh inbound and outbound trucks, rail cars and peddlers.
- Operate scale computer system.
- Pay customers and issue receipts properly for loads.
- Answer customer questions regarding material and pricing as needed.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school graduate;
- Good computer skills;
- Previous experience preferred;
- Good math skills.
- Able to pass required background check, physical and drug screening.
Those who wish to be considered for this position can apply with resume here or can go directly to the Ypsilanti yard located at 2200 E. Michigan Ave., Ypsilanti, MI 48198 to fill out an application.