Ferrous Processing and Trading has immediate openings for Yardmen at its Pontiac, MI yard. The success candidates will perform work of a manual nature under the immediate direction of a supervisor. Many types of work assigned may be very routine and repetitive in nature and after once learned can be carried on without difficulty and only under general supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to:
- Move heavy objects (20 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Move light objects (less than 20 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time (i.e., picks up trash from road side, works in confined area’s).
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Learn job-related material primarily through verbal instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws loose mud/dirt overhead with a shovel).
- Climb ladders or steps to reach objects.
- Understand and follow verbal and written communications.
- Work cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
$13.49 per hour
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum Education Level: