FPT – Pontiac has an immediate opening for a Yardman at its location.
The Yardman will perform work of a manual, routine and repetitive nature under general supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Loads and unloads materials from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers by hand, truck, hi-lo or other equipment.
- Moves heavy objects (20 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Moves light objects (less than 20 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Bends or stoops repeatedly or continually over time (i.e., picks up trash from road side, works in confined area’s).
- Works in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Learns job-related material primarily through verbal instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Shovels material, such as dirt, mud, and ice from production equipment; requires lifting arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws loose mud/dirt overhead with a shovel).
- Performs cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Sorts a variety of recycled materials and metals to separate out high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, and removes any non-conforming materials.
- Climbs ladders or steps to reach objects.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Works safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Able to pass required background check and drug screening.
- Training will be provided.
- Rate of pay in accordance with Teamsters Local 614 Collective Bargaining Agreement.