FPT John Kronk has immediate openings for Yardmen at its location in Detroit.
The Yardman will perform work of a manual, routine and repetitive nature under general supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Move heavy objects (20 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Move light objects (less than 20 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time (i.e., picks up trash from road side, works in confined area’s).
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Learn job-related material primarily through verbal instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws loose mud/dirt overhead with a shovel).
- Climb ladders or steps to reach objects.
- Understand and follow verbal and written communications.
- Work cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Must be able to pass required background check and drug screening;
- Training will be provided.
Rate of pay:
- Rate of pay in accordance with Teamsters Local 337 Collective Bargaining Agreement.