Ferrous Processing and Trading is seeking an experienced Sales Executive who will be responsible for purchasing and selling of scrap metal from and to FPT yards, dealer base, industrial accounts as well as selling of scrap metal to the major steel mills and foundries throughout the Southeastern US.
Working out the Nashville area, specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing the purchases, sales and transportation of scrap metal from assigned account base;
- Maintaining and providing customer service and market information to external and internal customers;
- Monitoring and managing FPT yard inventory positions;
- Monitoring and managing brokerage positions;
- Working closely with operations on transportation, pricing trends, quality, and volumes to be bought and sold;
- Working closely with the purchasing department on current and future market pricing trends;
- Working closely with other sales team members on market selling strategies, pricing and positions;
- Growing existing account base by calling on, quoting and documenting account information;
- Monitor and manage payables and receivables;
- Providing upper management with potential growth opportunities;
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the account including the entertaining of customers;
- Visiting accounts on a regular basis to understand monthly activities;
- Review purchases price, sale price and transportation costs and net margins of commodities purchased;
- Resolve customer complaints (quality, shipments and financial);
- Attending trade shows and other industry related events.
- Regional travel required.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Four year college degree in business or related field or the equivalent of education and work experience;
- Minimum 2-3 years of sales experience preferred;
- Industry experience preferred;
- Proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum three years industry experience.