MPS Group, Inc. is seeking to hire a Safety Coordinator for a location in Wentzville, MO.
Job responsibilities will be as follows:
- Identifying hazardous workplace conditions
- Oversees the collection of samples and measurements of hazardous materials
- Coordination of the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards
- Supervises, participates and develops the training of employees on safety policies, procedures, regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state health and safety regulations and ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complex tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a manager.
- Prepare and amend pre-task safety plans and task instruction sheets.
- Conduct site safety briefings.
- Prepare site-specific health and safety plans and their components.
- Conduct various audits: Safety Observation Tours, facility audits, compliance audits to the SSHASP, TIS and/or PTSP.
- Conduct industry-specific OTJ training
- Conduct respirator fit testing as needed.
- Prepare incidents reports and conduct proper investigations, including final incident investigation reports and corrective actions.
- Inspect all safety equipment.
- Mentor employees on the job in safety requirements: regulations, customer requirements, company policies, procedures and protocols.
- Be a company certified confined space rescue team member and actively manage all permit-required confined spaces.
- Uphold the company H&S program.
Education and Experience
- High School/College diploma preferred.
- MI Chauffeur’s licenses with a clean driving record (CDL a plus).
- Industry-specific training certificates (ex. DOT HazMat, RCRA, HAZWOPER, CSE Rescue, 30-HR OSHA, FA/CPR, NLB Hydroblast training).
- Must be available and willing to travel to customer job sites.
We offer competitive wages and benefit package.
Please send resumes to: