MPS Group has a full-time position opening for a Resource Manager based in the Willow Run/Ypsilanti and the Flint area. This is a multi-facility contract for the General Motors non-manufacturing sites.
Coordinates all onsite activities at client locations in relation to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and other related services following Federal, state and local regulations. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in relation to service issues. Maintains pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues.
Typical Duties include:
- Comply with MPS Group’s management system policies and procedures.
- Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous waste, universal waste and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
- Assist with client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, Federal, state and local regulations.
- Proactively work with customers to establish reuse, reduction, and recycling options for waste streams.
- Track production, budget variance, and communicate with the Regional Manager.
- Identify out of scope work and work with the Regional Manager and client to cost and quote material prior to providing service.
- Conduct regulatory inspections applicable to the facility.
- Manage the contract per the current cost budget and seek out internal/external cost savings.
- Supervises personnel necessary to fulfill requirements of contracts.
- Complete all other assignments made by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental or technical field;
- Positive customer service skills;
- Previous experience in the hazardous and solid waste industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
Please submit resumes to: