Ferrous Processing & Trading has an opening in their Detroit Corporate office for a Rail Management Clerk.
Typical Duties include:
- Reviews railcar fleet status each day by viewing Scrap Manager and other external reports;
- Based on FTP operational needs, works on re-positioning railcars within the network by working with railroads to divert as needed;
- Keeps records of railcars fleet updated and correct each day in Scrap Manager and other external reporting databases;
- Provides rail fleet reports as needed to yards and management on daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Works with internal staff, railroads and service providers to address railcar delays and problems due to bad orders, billing issues, overloads, misroutes and railroad errors;
- Audits, posts and pays rail freight invoices for Detroit area yards;
- Assists Logistics Manager in other rail activities as required.
- Associates degree/ 2 or more years related experience;
- Proficient with railcar related databases and MS Office;
- Good Communication Skills.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Human Resources Department
Email resumes to: email@example.com