MPS Group, Inc., a provider of environmental an industrial services throughout the U.S. and Canada, has an immediate opening for a Shop Supervisor at the GM plan in Spring Hill, TN. The successful candidate will be responsible for the quality of work, safety of personnel and subcontractors while performing routine and out-of-scope industrial cleaning operations at customer facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops Task Instruction Sheets; daily review of safety documents with the crew and ensures discussion includes evaluating safety hazards of the job and establishing awareness of precautions, procedures and PPE needed. Responsible for compliance and enforcement of safety practices.
- Evaluates and coaches employees on quality of work, safety and team activity.
- Provides direction, equipment, small tools, materials and supplies to support the crew.
- Act as a customer/client liaison.
- Prepare and submit job reports as directed by the site manager, director and/or customer, handles basic administrative duties for the shift and coordinates with corporate and local leadership as needed.
- Make recommendations on equipment purchases, personnel needs, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Receive and stow materials and supplies received.
- Inspect equipment and small tools to ensure in proper working condition and red tag and pull out of service items that are damaged, broken or malfunctioning.
- Conduct site inspections and Safety Tours: Mod Audits, Prime Booth Audits, Conveyor Audits, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or industrial cleaning setting with basic knowledge of equipment used on the job site/ personal protective equipment, safety supplies, policies and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Preference will be given to individuals who have supervised up to 18 employees or contractors in a union setting.
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum 1 year
Minimum Education Level:
High School Diploma or GEDApply Now