FPT – Pontiac has immediate openings for Maintenance Technicians.
The Maintenance Technician will primarily be responsible for the repair and maintenance of shredder, mechanical machinery and production equipment with assistance as needed by performing the following duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas.
- Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Changes hose assemblies and conveyor belts.
- Makes repairs on machines as needed.
- Performs routine maintenance by inspecting and measuring parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Keeps work areas clean and safe for all employees, adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works cooperatively with other employees.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Able to pass required background check, physical and drug screening.
Rate of Pay: In accordance with Teamsters Local 614 Collective Agreement