FPT – Pontiac has an immediate opening for a Loader Operator.
The Loader Operator will primarily be responsible for the operation of the straight or articulated rubber tired tractor type vehicle equipped with a front mounted hydraulically powered bucket or scoop to lift and transport bulk materials to and from storage or processing areas by performing the following duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Starts engine, shifts gears, presses pedals, and turns steering wheel to operate loader.
- Moves levers to lower and tilt bucket and drives front end loader forward to force bucket into bulk material.
- Moves levers to raise and tilt bucket when filled, drives vehicle to work site, and moves levers to dump material.
- Performs routine maintenance on loader such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Power washes the loader as necessary.
- Loads and unloads materials throughout the yard as necessary.
- Keeps work areas clean and safe for all employees, adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Cleans and clears debris from yard to provide safe mobility throughout the yard.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works cooperatively with other employees.
- Works safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Able to pass required background check, physical and drug screening.
Rate of Pay: In accordance with Teamsters Local 614 Collective Agreement – $14.84
Full - Time