MPS Group has immediate openings for Laborers, Industrial Cleaners and Vac Truck Operator (CDL-Class B) who will support our Industrial Cleaning operations in Southeast Michigan, primarily within the Steel & Paper industries. We are also looking for individuals for crane watch, fire watch, to operate tow motors & forklifts.
Typical Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Loading and unloading equipment and materials for the job.
- Sets up vacuum hose and waterblast hose as directed.
- Performs confined space entry in tanks, pits, or other confined spaces when needed.
- Inspects, uses, and maintains various personal protection equipment including chemical protective suits, respiratory protection equipment, safety harnesses, and air monitoring equipment.
- Uses various manual tools and equipment to affect industrial cleaning operations (i.e., shovels, scrapers, rakes, squeegies, etc.)
- Manually cleans, mucks out and de-sludges various industrial systems, including paint pits, eliminators, dip tanks, process tanks, lagoons, etc.
- Adhere to quality and safety requirements while on the job.
- Performs yard, shop, equipment maintenance, and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Any indicated site-specific responsibilities.
- Ability to understand basic equipment operating instructions, safe work practices, commercial and industrial process;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- OSHA Safety Training a plus;
- Experienced or willing to learn in both high and low pressure water blasting;
- Class B CDL license for those individuals operating vac trucks and equipment;
- MUST be able to pass a drug test.
Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Full Time Union
Rate of pay: from $10 to $17 per hour depending on skills and experience. Overtime after 8 hours per work day.
Relevant Work Experience: