FPT – Pontiac has immediate openings for Heavy Machine Operators.
The Heavy Machine Operator will primarily be responsible for the set up and operation of the large loader to move or stage bulk materials for processing and loading by performing the following duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operates auto shredder and mill.
- Assists drivers with boxes and loads; loads outgoing materials into trucks or rail cars and assures proper legal weights.
- Inspects piles for non-conforming materials.
- Performs routine maintenance on loader such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning and reports and monitors problems or maintenance issues.
- Prepares and dresses scrap piles and loads materials into hoppers for production.
- Keeps work areas clean and safe for all employees, adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Cleans and clears debris from yard to provide safe mobility throughout the yard.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works cooperatively with other employees.
- Works safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Able to pass required background check, physical and drug screening.
Rate of Pay: In accordance with Teamsters Local 614 Collective Agreement