Parts Galore has positions open for General Laborers at its location in Flat Rock (PG3). General Laborers Assist in yard activities by performing the following duties.
Vehicle processing including removing Freon, power steering fluid, power brake fluid, batteries, excess garbage, and other items as prescribed by procedure, gasoline, coolant, waste oil, transfer case oil, catalytic converters, and other items as prescribed by procedure;
- Set & pull vehicles in the yard by placing vehicles on wheel stands so customers can safely access sellable parts; remove vehicles and clean up the surrounding area in preparation for the next vehicle set;
- Prepare care for crushing by removing heater cores, copper wire, and other items as prescribed by procedure;
- Maintain the crush pad work area to reduce equipment downtime, harvest cores, harvest wire, sort commodity materials, ensure environmental compliance;
- Tire dismantling by using the tire machine to separate rubber tires and wheels, remove weights and stems, sort tires and prepare rims for shipment;
- Store cleaning including collecting and harvesting core materials, and removing debris;
- Identify & address safety risks in the customer area;
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include:
Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as needed;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Previous auto experience a plus;
- Training will be provided.