MPS Group has immediate openings for Field Technicians/General Cleaners working out of the corporate offices in Farmington Hills.
Field Techs are cleaners that perform various cleaning functions at customer facilities as defined below.
Typical Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Loading equipment and materials for the job.
- Unloading equipment and materials upon arrival to the job.
- Re-loading equipment and materials upon completion of the job.
- Sets up vacuum hose and waterblast hose as directed.
- Performs confined space entry in tanks, pits, or other confined spaces when needed.
- Inspects, uses, and maintains various personal protection equipment including chemical protective suits, respiratory protection equipment, safety harnesses, and air monitoring equipment.
- Uses various manual tools and equipment to affect industrial cleaning operations (i.e., shovels, scrapers, rakes, squeegies, etc.)
- Manually cleans, mucks out and de-sludges various industrial systems, including paint pits, eliminators, dip tanks, process tanks, lagoons, etc.
- Comply with quality and safety requirements while on the job.
- Performs yard, shop, equipment maintenance, and housekeeping duties as directed.
- Any indicated site-specific responsibilities.
- Ability to understand basic equipment operating instructions, safe work practices, commercial and industrial process;
- Must possess a current driver’s license;
- Chauffer license a plus;
- OSHA Safety Training a plus;
- Powered Industrial Truck permits desired (i.e., Hi-lo, aerial life, burden carrier, etc.);
- Must be willing to travel to customer sites.
Please respond with resume or apply in person at: 38755 Hills Tech Drive, Farmington Hills, MI 48331.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Relevant Work Experience:
Previous Industrial Cleaning and water blasting experience a plus