MPS Group Inc. has a position open at the GM Oshawa Ontario plant for an Environmental Technician who handles solid and hazardous waste.
- Collect trash, recyclables, hazardous waste, scrap metal and other waste streams throughout the plant and transports to disposal container or storage room.
- Segregate, sort and package waste streams for off-site shipment in accordance with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements.
- Load semi-trailers and roll-off boxes for shipment to landfill, recycling center, and any other disposal site.
- Perform and document daily equipment inspection prior to use.
- Clean/maintain organization and compliance of satellite and storage area, including sweeping the floor, mopping the floor, labeling drums.
- Assist supervisor with response to chemical spill incidents by placing adsorbents on liquids, sweeping or vacuuming solids and containerizing cleaned up materials for proper disposal.
- Assist Project Manager with daily supply delivery, waste pick up and waste organization.
- Perform inspections of waste storage areas, and emergency equipment, taking corrective action to eliminate deficiencies identified during the inspection.
- Inventory and Inspections of Waste Spill Kits.
- Document and inform Resource Manager of any contamination in plant’s recycling and waste containers.
- Maintain necessary documentation of waste inventories, inspections and other activities as required.
- Complete daily route sheets and log of activities.
- Operate fork truck to load/unload trucks, etc.
- Operate Burden carrier
- Equipment operation, in accordance with work instructions and safe work practices communicated verbally and visually.
- Follow all plant- related safety guidelines.
- Follow verbal and written instructions, as directed by Manager.
- Any indicated site specific responsibilities.
- High School Diploma AND one year experience in waste management; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
- Current WHMIS; will provided upon hire.
- Current Ontario Regulation 347 desired; will provided upon hire.
- Current TDG desired; will provided upon hire.
- Previous experience operating a fork truck required.
Join our growing team today!
C$13.50 to C$16.50 commensurate with skills and experience.
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum Education Level:
High SchoolApply Now