MPS Group has an immediate opening for a Truck Driver working out of the AK Steel site in Middletown, OH. The successful candidate will load, drive, sets-up, and operate various operational equipment and waste hauling vehicles as directed based on operational needs. All driving is performed on private property inside AK Steel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspection of yard trucks and trailers (documented);
- Hooking and unhooking of tractors;
- Tarping and untarping of trailers;
- Placing liners inside trailers;
- Operating Mini Excavator;
- Load verification at each terminal;
- Documentation of Driver/Spotter/Operator communication at each terminal;
- Switching out/re-spotting of trailers under chutes at multiple terminals inside AK Steel.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Ability to understand basic equipment operating instructions, safe work practices, commercial and industrial process;
- Must be familiar with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations;
- Must be experienced in operation of Commercial Motor Vehicles;
- Ability to operate a Mini Excavator a plus;
- Class A or B CDL-A license preferred;
- OSHA Safety Training a plus.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k) with company match.
Currently hiring for the night shift 5 pm - 5 am (12 hour shift).