Parts Galore has a position open for a Barker (Auto Part Identifier) at its location in Detroit (PG2).
A Barker identifies used automotive parts for pricing purposes by performing the following duties.
- Compares product with parts list to ensure part is charged correctly;
- Verifies parts charged on receipt and marks part accordingly by using paint marker, engraver, or metal stamp or a combination of the aforementioned;
- Inspects customer part returns and identifies core returns for proper markings and documents them for cashier;
- Tests and handles batteries for resale to customers;
- Provide customer service to customers and assist them in locating possible vehicles in the yard to pull parts from using computer software;
- Clean and organize work area, sort cores and returns to designated recycling bins.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as needed;
- Previous auto experience a plus;
- Training will be provided;
- Able to pass required background check and drug screening.