Parts Galore has a position open for an Auto Dismantler at its W. Warren location in Detroit (PG2).
Auto Dismantler assist in yard activities by performing the following duties:
- Scan the VIN of the car to determine the valuable parts that need to be pulled;
- Remove brake calipers, alternators, starters, heater cores, and other items as prescribed by procedure. Sort commodity materials, ensure environmental compliance, and other duties as prescribed by procedure;
- Tag and store parts in a safe and orderly manner;
- Set up shipping and required paperwork along with it;
- Reconcile shipments out to what we are paid for;
- Use the tire machine to separate rubber tires and wheels. Remove weights and stems. Sort tires and prepare rims for shipment;
- Prepare Gaylord boxes and pallets for shipment. Review and complete logs for regulatory and tracking purposes. Assist in the review and maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as needed;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Previous auto experience a plus;
- Able to pass required background check and drug screening.