Please be advised that MPS Group, Inc. has openings for Safety Supervisors to provide hands on identification and control of hazardous workplace conditions. Opportunities exist in Farmington Hills, MI (the Farmington Hills based job will include periodic travel).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforcing the corporate Health and Safety program at work sites.
- Preparing pre-task safety plans and conducting site safety briefings with crews.
- Conducting site safety audits to identify and address new hazards and their elimination or control.
- Conducts jobsite safety observation tours with employees on safety policies, procedure, work instructions and conduct.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state health and safety regulations.
- Prepares site-specific health and safety plans and conducts compliance audits to them.
- Conduct respirator fit testing as needed.
- Prepares incident reports and conducts proper investigations, including final incident investigation reports and corrective actions.
- Is familiar with all safety equipment and the inspection thereof.
- Mentors employees on the job in safety requirements including regulations, customer requirements, company policies, procedures and protocols.
- Serves as a company certified confined space rescue team member and actively manages all permit-required confined spaces.
- Can plan for and implement LOTO on wide-ranging and complex projects.
- Prepares and delivers various safety training programs in-house and at the jobsite (ex. Safety Orientation, Commercial Driver, Powered Industrial Vehicles and various stand-alone programs).
- High School diploma (college experience preferred)
- Chauffeur’s license with clean driving record (CDL a plus)
- Travel required (at least 25% of annual hours)
- Able to work holidays
- 4 years safety experience in automotive, steel, power, chemical or other industrial-related plants
- Certified training in OSHA 30-Hour General Industry or Construction, Confined Space Rescue, HAZWOPER, First Aid/CPR, Hydroblast Safe Operations, or other industry-relevant training
Applications and/or resumes may be submitted to: