MPS Group, Inc. has an opening for an Accounts Receivable Administrator at the corporate offices in Farmington Hill, MI. The Accounts Receivable Administrator is responsible for identification, tracking, billing and collections of rebate funds involving MPS Group and customer accounts. The position requires database management, analytical ability and initiative to reach out within our operations and financial staff to ensure accuracy in tracking and applying rebates from field reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare & Maintain Monthly Rebate Activity Site Log (RASL).
- Maintain Rebate Profile Sheets.
- Post rebate payments to Rebate AR Workpaper so that monthly Journal Entries can be posted to MPS Group Accounting System.
- Rebate Collections — Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information reported from the field. Once verified can perform collections from the various recyclers.
- Assist with periodically Rebate Reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly rebate statements and send to the field.
- Monitor Accounts Payable Rebate Checks for possible pay-out to our customers.
- Collection on Ford Motor, General Motors and FCA Accounts-Resolve invoice rejections, PO issues, Customer deductions and collect on past due activity.
- Assist department with Scanning AR Departmental Documents into Doc Link.
- Special projects/Ad Hoc requests as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years accounts receivable.
- Basic understanding of principles of finance, bookkeeping and accounting.Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of Ford, GM and FCA/Chrysler Billing Requirements and payables systems.
- Excellent Data Entry Skills with a High degree of accuracy.
- General Math Skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to Detail and Thoroughness.
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Organization and prioritization skills.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and 401(k) with company match.