FPT Ypsilanti, has an immediate opening for a Yard Supervisor.
Summary: The Yard Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of the yard and the yard employees.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assign duties, plan and allocate use of material handling equipment with yard employees.
- Direct workers engaged in keeping records of materials received and used.
- Inspect incoming materials and verifies invoices.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Analyze and resolve work issues and assist employees in solving work problems.
- Maintain time and production records and may perform the activities of workers.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Work cooperatively with employees and the public.
- Work with management to coordinate activities of other departments.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school graduate or GED;
- General computer skills;
- Previous experience preferred but not required;
- Good math skills.
- Able to pass required background check, physical and drug screening.
Those who wish to be considered for this position should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.