Koil (formerly Premier Steel) is a Detroit based Steel Service Center seeking an experienced Outside Sales Person who will assist in the expansion of Premier’s Midwestern and Southeastern business opportunities. Premier is a subsidiary of Ferrous Processing and Trading, which is one of North America’s largest scrap metal recycler and scrap manager. Along with Ferrous Processing and Trading, Premier has strong relationships with all of the major Integrated and Mini Mills in the Midwestern and Southeastern parts of the country. Relocation may not be necessary but some travel will be required.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in the Midwest and South
- Monitor market conditions and collaborate with colleagues on selling strategies and market direction
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with current, and prospective customers
- Manage all relevant paperwork required for purchases and sales, along with assistance from company personnel
- Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels
- Must have the ability to function in and promote a team atmosphere
- Regional travel required.
- College degree in business, or a minimum of 4 years of steel sales experience
- Must have the skills to provide outstanding sales and customer service
- Proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the operations of a Steel Service Center and Broker
- Strong product knowledge of all Ferrous steel types
- Able to pass background check and drug screening.
Rate of Pay
Commensurate with experience / options available may include base / benefits plus commission, or commission only.