FPT – Cleveland, has immediate openings for Laborers with Forklift experience.
Summary: The Laborer will perform work of a manual, routine and repetitive nature under general supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Loads and unloads materials from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers by hand, truck, hi-lo or other equipment.
- Drives forklifts to transport materials to various staging areas.
- Moves heavy objects (20 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Moves light objects (less than 20 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Bends or stoops repeatedly or continually over time (i.e., picks up trash from road side, works in confined area’s).
- Works in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Shovels material, such as dirt, mud, and ice from production equipment; requires lifting arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws loose mud/dirt overhead with a shovel).
- Performs cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Sorts a variety of recycled materials and metals to separate out high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, and removes any non-conforming materials.
- Climbs ladders or steps to reach objects.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Inspects materials and sorts items or materials into piles or places in bins or barrels according to type, size, condition, coloring, marking, or other characteristics.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High School diploma/GED required and/or 1 to 2 years related experience;
- Forklift Certification is an asset;
- Knowledge of scrap metals (ferrous and non-ferrous);
- Able to pass required background check, physical and drug screening.