Strong Steel Products has immediate positions open for Mobile Material Handlers. The primary function of these positions will be using the material handler (mobile or stationary) equipment to lift, move and place objects at different locations within the scrap yard using a magnet or grapple in a variety of outdoor conditions and elements.
- Operating a variety of equipment to include wheeled, crawler and pedestal material handlers by various manufacturers to move raw and scrap materials;
- Performing some maintenance of the material handler (fueling; greasing; cleaning; etc.);
- Safely operating a magnet and grapple while loading trucks and rail cars;
- Performing work outdoors with exposure to variety of weather conditions;
- Operating in a safe manner that expedites the loading and unloading of incoming and outgoing materials in accordance to the machine capacity and weather conditions.
- One to three months’ experience related experience operating a material handler;
- High School diploma/GED required;
- Ability to climb ladders or steps;
- Ability to operate all hand and feet controls;
- Must be able to lift 20+ lbs. and move for short distances;
- Knowledge of scrap metals an asset.
- Able to pass required background check and drug/physical screening.
Rate of Pay: In accordance with Teamsters Local 337 Collective Agreement