MPS Group Inc., a provider of environmental and industrial services throughout the U.S. and Canada, has a position open at the FCA Trenton Engine Plant an Environmental Technician. Scheduled Shift: Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm. The Environmental Technician will handle solid and hazardous waste with typical duties include but not limited to:
- Collect trash, recyclables, hazardous waste, scrap metal and other waste streams throughout the plant and transports to disposal container or storage room.
- Segregate, sort and package waste streams for off-site shipment in accordance with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements.
- Load semi-trailers and roll-off boxes for shipment to landfill, recycling center, and any other disposal site.
- Perform and document daily equipment inspection prior to use.
- Clean/maintain organization and compliance of 90 day Accumulation Area, including sweeping the floor, mopping the floor, labeling drums.
- Assist supervisor with response to chemical spill incidents by placing adsorbents on liquids, sweeping or vacuuming solids and containerizing cleaned up materials for proper disposal.
- Assist Project Manager with daily supply delivery, waste pick up and waste organization.
- Perform inspections of waste storage areas, and emergency equipment, taking corrective action to eliminate deficiencies identified during the inspection.
- Inventory and Inspections of Waste Spill Kits.
- Document and inform Resource Manager of any contamination in plant’s recycling and waste containers.
- Maintain necessary documentation of waste inventories, inspections and other activities as required.
- Complete daily route sheets and log of activities.
- Operate fork truck to load/unload trucks, etc.
- Operate Burden carrier
- Equipment operation, in accordance with work instructions and safe work practices communicated verbally and visually.
- Inventory off spec production parts
- Destroy off spec production parts using; hammer, wire cutters, drills, other hand tools.
- Separate components of destroyed production parts by material type; metal, plastic, no value scrap.).
- High School Diploma AND one year experience in waste management; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
- Current 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) with Annual Refresher (desired); will provided upon hire.
- Current Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA, desired); will provided upon hire.
- Current 40-hour Department of Transportation (DOT, desired); will provided upon hire.
- Current Fork Truck Operator Training (desired); will provide upon hire.