FPT – Pontiac has an immediate openings for Yardmen at its location.
The Yardman will perform work of a manual, routine and repetitive nature under general supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Loads and unloads materials from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers by hand, truck, hi-lo or other equipment.
- Moves heavy objects (20 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Moves light objects (less than 20 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet).
- Bends or stoops repeatedly or continually over time (i.e., picks up trash from road side, works in confined area’s).
- Works in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
- Learns job-related material primarily through verbal instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Shovels material, such as dirt, mud, and ice from production equipment; requires lifting arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws loose mud/dirt overhead with a shovel).
- Performs cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Sorts a variety of recycled materials and metals to separate out high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, and removes any non-conforming materials.
- Climbs ladders or steps to reach objects.
- Understands and follows verbal and written communications.
- Works cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Works safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Minimum Qualifications Include
- Able to pass required background check and drug screening.
- Training will be provided.
Rate of Pay
In accordance with Teamsters Local 614 Collective Bargaining Agreement. $14.34
Those who wish to be considered for this position can apply with resume here or can go directly to the Pontiac yard located at 500 Collier Rd, Pontiac MI 48340 to fill out an application.