FPT Schlafer-Engineering has an opening for a Welder/Container Repair at their yard. The primary function of this position will be to weld metal components to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors, etc. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Repair metal parts using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding;
- Repair of heavy equipment and heavy machinery;
- Perform related task such as thermal cutting and grinding;
- Locate and repair cracks in containers;
- Welding both indoors and outdoors.
- 1 to 2 years related experience;
- Experience with stainless and hard material welding and fabricating;
- Strong mechanical skills a must;
- Ability to assess and determine the issue at hand;
- Able to pass required background check;
- Able to pass required drug and physical.
Rate of Pay
Commensurate with skills and experience.