MPS, a provider of environmental and industrial services throughout the U.S. and Canada, has an immediate opening for Field Supervisors working out of the corporate offices in Farmington Hills.
The field supervisor has primary responsibility for the safety of the crew and their individual assignments, that ample protective equipment, supplies and small tools are provided or available, that equipment is properly setup and properly utilized, and that the completion of job tasks associated with the scope of work is done to customer satisfaction. The work will be performed in various industrial settings, inside and out, such as: chemical plants, steel mills, automotive plants, power plants, or any other such industrial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include (But Not Limited To)
- Develops proposals and sets up upcoming jobs.
- Prepares Dispatch Sheets and Material Requisition forms.
- Makes arrangements for personnel and equipment.
- Resolves conflicts on the job.
- Evaluates and counsels employees, provides direction and support to the crew.
- Evaluate safety hazards on the jobs.
- Determine and enforce the precautions, procedures and PPE needed.
- Act as a customer/client liaison.
- Investigates all accidents including injury, vehicle or other incidents.
- Provide timely and effective feedback to employees.
- Prepare and submit job reports as directed by your supervisor and/or customer.
- Recommends and conducts disciplinary action when needed.
- Provides feedback on employee enforcement.
- Makes recommendations on equipment purchases, personnel needs, and vehicle maintenance.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Able to manage and maintain 40K Hydroblast equipment and system;
- Ability to direct hydroblasting operations with regards to system setup, equipment and component configuration and safe operations;
- NLB certified in 40K Safe Operations training desired;
- NLB Certified in 40K Pump Operations and Maintenance desired;
- Must be familiar with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations;
- Must be experienced in operation of Commercial Motor Vehicles;
- Must possess a current CDL-B license with X and Air Brake endorsement with clean driving record;
- OSHA Safety Training a plus;
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time.
- Join our growing team today! We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and 401(k) with company match.